Wednesday, March 25, 2009

AH CRAP!!

Ok..so this is a good kind of AH CRAP. Matt got accepted into the Dental Hygiene program...AWAWHO!! We found out last night so today has been dedicated to filling out scholarship forms and completing our FASFA. We're still waiting to hear if he got his "second job". It's where he would spend the night at a "handicap" persons home and help them if they needed anything. So, he gets paid to sleep. The agency said that it's not very often they need anything in the middle of the night. Cross your fingers that Matt gets it. It would make it so that I can continue to stay home with Jeriah and also Matt could actually get a full nights sleep! LOL
On the bummer side of things my Grandma Anderson passed away yesterday. I really want to fly out to the funeral on Saturday...but we can't afford a ticket and I'm terrified to fly--especially with a 13 month old!! I would love to spend time with family that I haven't seen in a LONG time. A memory I have of Grandma-I've only seen here like 4 or 5 times in my lifetime-is I was sitting in this cot like bed next to the kitchen and Grandma was making dinner while I was playing the game where you have sticks and then marbels above the sticks. The whole point of the game was to remove as many sticks as you could before a marbel fell down. Anyways. Then when we were there we helped her pick some kind of berries and I ended up getting a tick in the back of my neck. NASTY! I remember Dad burned him out with a match and then cut the tick in half with a pocket knife. I also remember chasing and catching the bugs that glow. THAT WAS FUN! I actually have a lot of memories for the few times that I saw her.
Well, I get to go Visiting Teaching with the high counsilman's wife...see ya.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. Congrats on Dental Hygiene program that is exciting. Things with me are going well.

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

Sorry about your grandma. Its neat you have so many fun memories of her though.
I will pray Matt gets the job!! My sister did that same job and LOVED it cause you really do get paid to sleep. ha ha!

Caywood Clan said...

We're really sorry to hear about your loss...how come you didn't call??? silly lady! That's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Unbelievable that matt got accepted...don't worry you guys will figure something out this is huge for you and your family and i couldn't be happier! We're still on for sunday right?

Lacy said...

That's so AWESOME that Matt is accepted into the program! Now the end is in sight and in a few years you'll no longer be part of the "poor college students" crowd!

Kara D. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenn said...

Amber, you've been slacking off on your blog. Is your internet down?