Friday, March 6, 2009

Anybody have a money tree I can have?

Yeah.....so.....yeah. I just got out of the introductory to Dental Hygiene school.....approx....$28,000.00. How bout that tree...anybody??
We are filling out every possible form of scholarships. It is getting possible that I will have to go back to work...I don't want to but I know that it will help Matt to not be so worried about finances!
At the same time though..it's very exciting! I am so proud of Matthew for getting this far and being soooo great. I admire how smart and determined he is to be better. I am definately lucky to be with him...he is my hero.
I finally got my basement all organized and pictures up...it looks TONS better.
There's been some speculation that I might get released from my calling because I have been in there for over a year. It would be kind of a bitter sweet thing. I LOVE being in the Relief Society Prez. I get to teach and I get to help plan activities...but it will be nice to not have all that responsibility.
I have to go...Jeriah wants to play with the computer screen....

3 comments:

Melodee said...

Hey thanks for the comment. Don't you hate debt even the "good" debt just looms over your head. Once our house is done maybe we can get together. Its been awhile. like 2 years. You can come for dinner. I am sure our kids would play well. Don't you live in Poky now?

Caywood Clan said...

so hey, I loved the post on what did you call it cadd??? Laughed my butt off...wouldn't that be nice if you could actually laugh your butt off?? So when could i come over and use your cool work out video?

Jenn said...

It is ok to go into debt for schooling Amber. It's more of an investment in your future than just blowing fun money. It is money that will come back to you. 28,000 for his schooling actually isn't bad. When I was looking into optometry it was 100,000; and that was just for grad school.

Another thing you could look into if you get student loans is some programs are set up where you don't have to pay anything and no interest accrues until after he graduates, which would be nice because he would be getting paid more then. Just look at all of your options and remember this is an investment that will pay for itself several times over.