Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday...Sunday

WOW! I am so ready to become inactive....(j/k) It's not that Jeriah doesn't behave in Sacrament meeting. It's that by the time sacrament meeting comes he is soooo tired-so he screams in sacrament meeting and so we take him in the hall and YES...he still screams. Nothing will calm him except to take him home so he can have his nap. I am totally at a loss as to what to do....no clue. All I know is that it makes me grumpy and he's not happy and people at church are laughing-not mean laughing....but when you're ticked and they are joking with you about your kid....ggggggrrrrrrrrrrr. Jeriah won't fall asleep at church because there is too much going on...and if by chance he does fall asleep in sacrament meeting....as soon as they start singing a song...he totally wakes up screaming....
I'm totally frustrated...is there any point of even going when I get NOTHING because my son is CONSTANTLY screaming? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
Anyways....

7 comments:

Andrea Lee U.R. said...

You go because there is that 1% chance you may hear something that will lift you spiritually for the week. ha ha!
I know how that goes. The only suggestion I woud give.......have another baby. ha ha! Serious!! He needs to learn to sleep through some noise. So either have another kid, or vacuume every time he naps so he learns to sleep when things are not quiet.
Good luck!!!

Melodee said...

I have been there all last year when our church was at 1. At the first of the year I could get Italia to go to sleep before church so we were usually just a little late. (she stopped falling asleep at church at about 1 yr old) Then she got she she would not fall asleep before one. Sometimes if Donny had to work and I had to be in Nursery we just delt with a crabby baby. Other times we would take turns putting her down for a nap. We would try to go to Sacrament because we could usually get her to last through that. But now our church is 9am and it is great. Sorry no advise

Liesel said...

do you know what you should do...drug that little boy up on tylenol. that always puts dave to sleep. HAHAHA. the only other thing that i can think of is to (dare i say it,) change his nap schedule (gasp!). perhaps i'll come visit. and then we can talk about it.

Jenn said...

All I can say is what Micah told you on facebook- welcome to parenting. I don't think Micah and I have sat through a sacrament service together without someone throwing a fit or going out to the hall in 7 years. It does get easier when they get older though, so hang in there.

Lacy said...

Last year Sundays were our grumpy days cause Troy too doesn't sleep outside of the home while there's other kids around and all that... All we could do was let him take a short nap after church (being at 4:30) and he'd wake up grumpy cause of the much needed but late nap!!! Try to not let it get to you cause if you get a chance to sit back and breath, you'll notice that you're little one's not the only loud one!!!!!!!!!

GRAYSON'S said...

You guys are great...I will give it a shot....aren't children GRAND!! LOL

Natalie said...

AMBER!!! don`t talk like that!!!!!!! U scared me to heck when u said u were gong to become inactive but then i breathed a sigh of relief when u siad jk. u kno how strict I am of the church!!!!!I cant wait to play champions of norath with u!!! booyah and what was with the whole cadd wthing if u didnt even talk about cadd or whatever....